To burn files and folders to the CD/DVD/Blu-ray disc
Step 1. Specify files and folders to be burned.
- Click Add File toolbar button to add a single file, or several files (multi-selection supported) to a
collection using the standard Open File dialog.
- Click Add Folder toolbar button , or press Insert key, to add a single folder to a collection using the standard Browse for Folder dialog.
- Choose Create New Folder menu item from drop down menu of Add Folder toolbar button, to
create a new folder within a tree.
- Use context menu over File Tree area to execute the same commands.
- You can also Drag and Drop files and folders to the File Tree area from the Windows Explorer
Step 2. Choose a Target, or burning device and transport: SPTI, SPTD or ASPI:
- SPTI - This transport is preferable for NT-based systems (NT4/2000/XP/Vista). It can't be used for
Windows 9x (95/98/ME) systems. Under Vista allows to burn user without Admin's rights. XP and
earlier systems – Admin's rights required.
- SPTD - This transport is preferable for NT-based systems (NT4/2000/XP/Vista). It can't be used for
Windows 9x (95/98/ME) systems. Requires special drivers to be installed and machine reboot is
needed. If drivers installed properly - allows any local user to burn (without Admin's rights). Look
into Active@ Data Burner installation folder for files SPTDinst-v162-x64.exe and SPTDinstv162-
x86.exe to install SPTD drivers on x64 & x86 plathform respectively.
- ASPI - Intended for Windows 9x systems (98/ME). For others still supported in compatibility mode,
but requires winaspi32.dll in the application directory.
Step 3. In Options - specify burning preferences:
- Disc Label - by default it is a current date.
- File System - select either UDF (Universal Disc Format) or ISO9660+Joliet
- Speed - select one of available speeds supported by burner and media combination.
- Erase Media - for Read-Write (RW) media type - erases it first before burning starts
- Burn in Test mode - simulates burning process, but laser is turned off
- Verify Data - after burning is complete - verify how data has been written, check for reading errors
- Eject Media - after burning is complete - eject CD/DVD/Blu-ray
- Quit Burner - after burning is complete – exit an application
- Shutdown PC - after burning is complete – shut down and turn off the personal computer
Step 4. Insert a blank CD/DVD/Blu-ray disc into the CD/DVD/Blue-ray disc drive and click the Burn Data
Step 5. See the progress. To cancel data burning you can click the Cancel button.
Automation of burning data to CD/DVD/Blu-ray
Command line syntax:
DataBurner.exe [/ADD=FOLDERPATH] [/FILE=FULLPATH] [/BURN] /[EXIT-IF-OK]
[/ERASE] [/VERIFY] [/EJECT] [/TITLE=LABEL] [/FS=[0-CDFS, 1-UDF]]
[/QUIT] [/SHUTDOWN] [/BURNER=[1,2…]]
Software accepts command line parameters to automate burning process:
/ADD=FOLDERPATH - adds a folder to the list of items to be burned. FOLDERPATH parameter is a full
path (i.e. "C:\Program Files\My Folder\") to the target item to be burned. Must be in quotes if contains
/FILE=FULLPATH - loads a tree from a collection being saved previously. If item exists in collection, but
not on disk, it just being ignored. FULLPATH parameter is a full path (i.e. "C:\Program Files\My Folder\My
Collection.cdb") to the saved collection. Must be in quotes if contains spaces.
/ERASE - erases RW media before burning starts. Ignored if media not RW.
/VERIFY - file tree verification after burn process has completed.
/EJECT - ejects media after burning.
/TITLE=LABEL - sets a label for a disc to be burned. Must be in quotes if contains spaces.
/BURN - process of burning data CD/DVD starts automatically right after program launch. If some
command line parameters not specified explicitly, last used parameters will be loaded for the command
/EXIT-IF-OK - if command is successfully completed, program auto-exits. If errors detected - you will see
error messages on the dialog (no auto-exit).
/FS=[0-CDFS, 1-UDF] - specifies which file system to use. Zero sets ISO9660, One sets UDF.
/QUIT - application exits after burning is complete
/SHUTDOWN – turn off the personal computer after burning is complete
/BURNER=[1,2…] – specifies target burner to use. One is first detected (displayed in combo box).
You cannot use parameters /ADD and /FILE all together.
To burn Data CD/DVD automatically from command line and exit the program after successful burning, run:
C:\> DataBurner.exe /ADD="C:\Temp\My Folder" /VERIFY /EJECT /BURN /EXIT-IF-OK /FS=1 /
This command adds a content of folder "C:\Temp\My Folder" (with all its content - recursively) to the list
of items to be burned, sets a label "My Album" and starts burning immediately after loading using UDF file
system, verifies data when burning is complete, ejects media, and exists if no errors detected.